Set up as a Freelancer in Germany!
Want to start working as a freelancer or self-employed person in Germany? Need to get a tax number before you bill customers? Not sure how, where and when to file taxes? We can help you get set up and get answers to the most important questions.
You've got questions? We've got answers.
- How do I get a tax number and invoice clients?
- How do income taxes work in Germany?
- What is VAT and do I need to charge it? Are there other taxes I need to know about?
- What is the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being a 'Gewerbe'?
- What kind of health insurance do I need?
- What other insurances are a good idea (liability/accident/legal, etc.)
- What are the special German laws regarding marketing, advertising, your website, etc.?
My experience for now with Expath is highly professional as well as fun. As a journalist I like facts, so the information they give are straight up to the point.They wanna enable you to help yourself and not to be dependent on others. 🙂
- Daniela R.
How Expath can make your life easier:
One-on-one coaching session with one of expat's coaches
Meet with an expert face-to-face or via Skype for tailored assistance with your flat search. A one-hour coaching session is just €75 with all taxes included. In person or on Skype.
Get access to our online workshop ‘Freelancing in Germany’
Get all the essential information about how to start working as a freelancer in Germany in our online seminar. This is currently our most popular online workshop!
Book one of our full-service relocation packages (Berlin only)
Let our team support you with everything you need when you're new in Berlin, including getting your address registered! Book your own personal coach for yourself or your family.
Need something else? Get in touch!
Email us at coaching (at) expath.de today and let us know if you have any questions!