Expath's Hygiene Policy (updated Sep 29, 2020)
Expath is committed to keeping both our students, visitors, and staff safe and healthy. To this end, we require all people who enter our centers in Mitte and Neukölln to please follow these important guidelines (in effect until otherwise indicated):
1. Keep a distance of 1.5 meters
• Students, visitors and staff are required to keep a 1.5 m. distance between themselves and any other person at all times, including when seated in the classrooms.
• If it is not possible to maintain a 1.5 m. distance, masks must be worn even when seated.
• It is mandatory for all visitors and staff to disinfect or wash their hands when entering our premises (disinfectant is provided at the door).
• We ask all visitors and staff to rinse their cups/glasses/cutlery before use and to deposit used cups/glasses/cutlery in the dishwasher after use.
• We recommend all students to disinfect their table surface before sitting down
• We kindly ask students, visitors and staff not to borrow or lend pens, books, or other items. Sitting at the same table or sharing of books is also discouraged unless you are part of the same household.
3. Obligatory masks when not at your seat (effective at Torstr. 117, 5th floor, as of October 1st)
• At all our centers (Mitte and Neukölln) it is mandatory for students, visitors and staff (including teachers) to wear face masks except when seated at your desk/table. This also applies to the kitchen, hallways, bathrooms and balconies.
• When requested to move around as part of a classroom activity, we ask that you please wear your mask.
4. Attendance list for contact-tracing (effective for non-students as of October 1st)
• For contract-tracing purposes, Expath will keep track of attendance of students, visitors (i.e. interview candidates, meeting partners) and staff.
• If you are not visiting Expath as part of an ongoing class (students & teachers) or an employee, please complete the attendance list with the following information required by the City of Berlin includes: first & last name, phone number, address/email, time present.
5. Ventilation of rooms
• Rooms should be ventilated on a regular basis, for example by opening the windows during class breaks and before/between classes.
6. Sickness and quarantine policy
• Students, visitors or staff showing symptoms of sickness (especially symptoms associated with transmittable diseases such as Covid-19) may NOT attend class or enter our center. Expath reserves the right to kindly ask students, visitors or staff to leave if they are exhibiting symptoms of cold/flu.
• Those who have been in a risk area outside or inside of Germany are required by the City of Berlin to self-quarantine for 14 days, or get a COVID-19 test with a negative result, before resuming contact with others.
7. Additional information regarding language courses
• Cancelling courses for safety and health reasons is entirely at the discretion of Expath's staff, and eviction of students for safety and health reasons is at the discretion of our staff and teachers. Refunds will not be given in such a case, but students will be offered to finish the remaining units of their course in an equivalent online class at no extra cost.
• Expath teachers are required to wear masks at all times when in an external company or student's house, except when at their desk/at the whiteboard.
• Expath teachers are required to follow the guidelines of the client company when on their premises.
Thank you for your attention. We're looking forward to seeing you in class!
Oh, and in case all this is not your thing, consider joining us for an online German course - where the hygiene rules are completely up to you!