Set up as a freelancer in Germany without stress
Working as a freelancer in Germany is an attractive option for expats. Perks like choosing your own clients and having control over your time and prices are a great incentive to working independently. It wouldn't be Germany, though, if it weren't for some important steps and considerations to take before and while working as a self-employed person.
In our streaming online seminar Freelancing in Germany, you'll find out everything you need to know about different types of (self-)employment, business types, tax requirements, health and other insurances, calculating your rates, avoiding "false self-employment", legal necessities for your website, and much more.
Just did the [freelancing workshop] and it was well worth the money. All the legal issues and stuff surrounding health insurance, tax, etc is really confusing, (even if your German is good) so having it all laid out like Tia did was so extremely helpful. Save yourself the time, the confusion and the hassle and find out what you need to know to function as a freelancer in Germany.
- Matt B.
(Sample) Part 1: Overview of workshop topics
(Sample) Part 2: The Basics - Different types of employment
The complete seminar includes 1 hours and 19 minutes worth of instructional videos. Full seminar contents:
- Part 1: Overview of workshop topics
- Part 2: The Basics - employment, self-employment, freelancing or 'Gewerbe' (trade)
- Part 3: Legal Business Types - sole proprietorship vs. company
- Part 4: Getting a tax number and creating invoices
- Part 5: Income Tax - who pays what, when?
- Part 6: VAT - who pays what, when?
- Part 7: Getting health insurance - the public and private systems
- Part 8: The social insurance system & Künstlersozialkasse
- Part 9: Other insurances - liability, renter's, and more
- Part 10: Creating a budget & calculating your rates
- Part 11: Protecting against 'Scheinselbständigkeit' (false self-employment)
- Part 12: Making a contract, what to do when customers don't pay
- Part 13: Special points about your company name & website
- Part 14: Special points about email marketing
- Part 15: Conclusion, questions & feedback
Get immediate 14-day access right away for only €19.99 (pay securely via Paypal)