Finding Temporary Accommodation in Germany
I need a temporary furnished flat!
We recommend finding a short-term furnished apartment for your first month or two (be sure to confirm that you will be able to temporarily register your address there).
It’s difficult to rent a long-term apartment while you are still overseas, as landlords usually want to see documents you cannot get until you are here in Germany (like the SCHUFA, or credit check). Once you arrive, it can still take a few weeks to find an affordable and nice flat – so having a sublet or short-term furnished flat will buy you time to look for a long-term flat without stress.
We can tell you:
- Where can I find a short-term furnished flat for the beginning of my stay?
- How much should I be paying and how do I know I’m not being cheated?
- What red flags should I watch out for with the lease or landlord?
- What’s the best/cheapest neighborhood for my lifestyle?
- What financial or legal requirements or documents will I need to show?
- Will I be able to bring my pets?
- 1-on-1 coaching. Meet with an expert via Skype for tailored assistance with your flat search. A one-hour coaching session is €75 with all taxes included. Book your coach today.
- Online workshop ‘Getting Started and Finding a Flat in Germany.’ Get all the essential information about finding an apartment in Germany in our online seminar. 90 day access is just €19.99 and you can start watching immediately.
- Need an individual solution? No problem – just let us know your needs by writing to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!