Want to join our team?
Are you interested in becoming part of Expath? We're constantly growing and always in need of new freelance teachers, coaches and interpreters - and keep your eye on this page, as new full-time employment positions in our admin team come up frequently as well!
Current Job Openings:
- Berlin: German Teacher
- Berlin: Expath Coach
- HAMBURG: RELOCATION COACH
- BERLIN: Lang. school Coordinator
Freiberufliche DaF-Lehrer_innen gesucht
Expath sucht kreative und hochmotivierte Deutschlehrer_innen für unsere Sprachkurse für Expats in unseren Centern in Mitte (Rosenthaler Platz) & Neukölln (Nähe Hermannplatz), sowie extern in Firmen und Startups in Berlin.
Lehrerfahrung ist erwünscht, jedoch keine Voraussetzung. Alle Lehrer_innen durchlaufen bei Expath ein internes, kostenloses Trainingsprogramm, bevor sie Kurse übernehmen. Lernbereitschaft, Teamfähigkeit und eine positive Einstellung sind uns am wichtigsten!
Du solltest idealerweise über ausgezeichnete Englischkenntnisse (B2+) verfügen, internationale und multikulturelle Erfahrung mitbringen und dich in die Lage internationaler Neuberliner versetzen können.
Außerdem weißt du, was es bei der Freiberuflichkeit zu beachten gibt (Steuernummer, Krankenkasse, Rentenversicherung, Scheinselbstständigkeit).
Über die Lernenden
Fast alle unsere Teilnehmer_innen sprechen fließend Englisch und stehen im Berufsleben. Sie sind neugierig, motiviert und möchten schnell Fortschritte erzielen.
Was sie brauchen: Deutsch für Einkäufe und Bewerbungsgespräche, um mit der Kita oder Hausverwaltung zu kommunizieren, für Smalltalk mit deutschen Kolleg_innen oder um ihr Fahrrad reparieren zu lassen.
In Einzeltrainings oder kleinen Gruppen (5-10 Teilnehmer_innen) vermittelst du ihnen das sprachliche Handwerkszeug, um ihren Alltag in Berlin besser bewältigen zu können.
Schick deine Bewerbung inklusive Lebenslauf und Motivationsschreiben an careers (at) expath.de
Unser Honorar beträgt zur Zeit 20 EUR pro Unterrichtseinheit (1 UE = 45 Minuten). Eine erste Honorarerhöhung auf 25 EUR pro UE gibt es nach 500 für uns unterrichteten UE. Das Maximalhonorar beträgt z.Zt. 30 EUR pro UE.Wir freuen uns auf deine Bewerbung!
Das Expath Recruiting Team
Bewerbung bitte über SmartRecruiters: http://smrtr.io/3nFKD
Herr André Silva
careers (at) expath.de
Expat Coach (m/f)
Coaches & Interpreters Wanted!
-Coach new international Berliners with information about moving to Berlin, finding a job, getting a flat, German bureaucracy, etc.
-Assist new Berliners at government offices with the Anmeldung, work permit application, etc.
-Help complete forms and applications (for tax number, etc.)
-Assist with the flat search
-Translate documents (official letters, contracts, etc.)
-Help new Berliners locate the resources and local network they need to become self-sufficient in Berlin
-If interested, teach workshops ('Getting Started in Berlin,' 'Finding a job in Berlin,' etc.)
-Have a passion for helping people, Berlin and the international community
-Speak fluent English and German (B2+) - other languages a big plus!
-Can work flexible hours and are able to start work asap as a freelancer
-Already know a lot about German bureaucracy, work permits, finding a flat, etc. and are confident enough to coach people on these topics
-Are willing to research further on bureaucratic topics to gain deeper knowledge (don't worry, a good basic training will be provided)
-Are calm and cool in the face of bureaucratic difficulties ; )
-Really rewarding work helping interesting and appreciative people
-A supportive, fun and international office team to assist you as you gain coaching knowledge
-Great opportunities to put your English and German (and other language) skills to work
-A competitive freelance rate with possibilities to move into part-time or full-time employment
-A flexible schedule you can plan around your other freelance projects, classes, etc.
Please apply via SmartRecruiters at https://smrtr.io/3nQSh or send your CV and cover letter to Tia Robinson at careers (at) expath.de.
Love being a part of Hamburg's international community? So do we! Join us at Expath as a freelance relocation coach and help new expats start their lives in Hamburg.
Expath is excited to launch our relocation, translation and coaching services in Hamburg, after successfully working with individuals and leading tech companies in Berlin since 2012!
Be one of the very first Expath Relocation Coaches in Hamburg as we build out our team! In this freelance role you'll help new international Hamburgers start their lives here. You'll do things like:
- Help new expats in their first weeks with bureaucracy and settling in
- Translate at public offices with the Anmeldung, work permit, tax ID, etc.
- Assist with the flat search, including research, scheduling viewings, getting the SCHUFA, etc.
- Support with setting up phone, bank account, utilities, etc.
- Help with the kita/school search, getting a Kita Gutschein, Kindergeld, etc.
- Coach expats on finding a job, setting up as a freelancer, applying for a work permit, etc.
- Have a passion for helping people, Hamburg and the international community
- Speak fluent English and German (C1) - other languages a big plus!
- Can work flexible hours and are able to start work asap as a freelancer
- Already know a lot about German bureaucracy, work permits, finding a flat, etc.
- Are willing to research further on bureaucratic topics to gain deeper knowledge (don't worry, a good basic training will be provided)
- Are calm and cool in the face of bureaucratic difficulties ; )
- Really rewarding work helping interesting and appreciative people
- A supportive, fun and international office team to assist you as you gain coaching knowledge
- Great opportunities to put your English and German (and other language) skills to work
- 20-25€/hour to start, with possibilities for a raise and part- or full-time employment
- A flexible schedule you can plan around your other freelance projects, classes, etc.
Please apply via SmartRecruiters at http://smrtr.io/3nxjq or send your CV and cover letter to Tia Robinson at careers (at) expath.de.
Language School Coordinator (full-time, m/w/d)
We help expats settle in and find their place.
Expath combines innovative language training and award-winning relocation services to provide Berlin’s international residents with all the skills, tools and information they need to set up life in their new home city.
Founded in 2012 by Tia Robinson and Stephan Brenner to help expats moving to Berlin navigate bureaucracy and learn German, Expath now also provides global mobility and language training services to some of Berlin’s largest and most successful start-ups and tech firms.
Thanks to our teaching expertise, hands-on friendly customer service, and our team of over 60 dedicated teachers, Expath’s reach extends today to over 600 language learners.
With two central locations in Mitte and Neukölln and in-house classes for over 20 company partners, growth is accelerating – with a doubling of monthly revenue and full-time team members in just the past year!
As we prepare to expand across Germany and Europe, we are looking for a Language School Coordinator to help us take Expath to the next level. Are you ready to become an advocate for our brand and an expert in customer service and teacher coordination?
How you will meet this challenge:
- Responsible for all Language School B2C Customer Service; act as first point of contact for any inquiries including in-person, by phone and email and provide follow-up support for students.
- Assign classes to teachers and coordinate with our CRM Manager to ensure new company language classes are set up quickly and meet client expectations; provide customer service to company class language students.
- Coordinate substitutions and provide handovers for substitute teacher or cancel classes if no substitute can be found in a timely manner.
- Check teacher invoices and teacher compliance regarding invoice requirements.
- Answer teachers' requests concerning admin issues in-person, on phone and via email.
- Responsible for Learning Center Maintenance, including set up of classrooms, kitchen and bathrooms, restocking supplies and general office management.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 1-2 years of customer service or office administration work experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; international internships are a plus.
- You speak German at native speaker level, with near-native English fluency (C1+) and have the intercultural competencies that come with speaking several languages.
- You are a fast learner and are enthusiastic about customer service and CRM tools.
- You are passionate about helping and serving clients, have a high level of goal and customer orientation and self-motivation, and are charming with a friendly persistence.
- You have a caring personality, are a great communicator and have excellent written and verbal communication skills (both German and English).
- You are able to work proactively and independently.
- You have strong organizational and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Your time management is excellent and you know how to multitask and prioritize work.
- You pay attention to detail and succeed in tying up all loose ends.
What we offer:
- Shape your own critical role in a fast-growing company.
- Independent and autonomous workflow management.
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative environment that supports employee professional growth.
- Work with the nicest team in Berlin!
We’re excited for the next phase of our evolution – Berlin and beyond. Will you a be part of it?Come join us! Please apply via SmartRecruiters at https://smrtr.io/3BN_G or send your CV and cover letter to Rosa at jobs (at) expath.de.
Need something else? Get in touch!
Email us at careers (at) expath.de today and let us know if you have any questions!