Applying for a Visa or Work Permit
How do I get a work permit or visa for Germany? What do I qualify for? What jobs can I do on my current permit?
Our specially trained experts will help you figure out how to get a residency permit (sometimes also called a visa, work permit or student permit) so you can stay in Germany.
We’ll walk you through the requirements and paperwork you need to apply, and help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to rejection. We’ll help you understand:
- Can I apply for a residency permit from here in Germany or do I need to go home first?
- How do I get the ‘freelance artist visa’? (i.e. a freelance work permit for artists)
- How do I get a Blue Card?
- What is the difference between a Blue Card and a work permit for employment?
- How can I get a ‘German language student visa’?
- Can I study and work at the same time?
- How do I get a ‘job seeker’ permit to stay and look for work?
- I’m married to an EU citizen, do I need a work permit?
- What other options do I have to stay in Germany?
- What documents do I need for the application?
- How do I prove my income?
- What health insurance do I need?
We can help!
- One-on-one coaching. Meet with an expert face-to-face or via Skype for tailored assistance with your application. Discover all your options for staying in Germany, or get concrete help with your upcoming application. A one-hour coaching session is €75 with all taxes included. Book your coach now.
- Book an interpreter to go with you to the Ausländerbehörde (foreigner’s office) in Berlin and Potsdam. Interpreters are €50 per hour with all taxes included. Find out more and book your interpreter here.
- Online Seminars. You can immediately access our streaming seminars, “Getting Your Freelance Work Permit” or “Getting Your Freelance Artist Visa“, which describe the checklist of documents you’ll need to get together in detail, with lots of helpful suggestions on how to show you meet the requirements. We’ll walk you through all the necessary the forms and suggest extra documents you can include in your application to make the strongest case possible for getting your work permit. Alternatively, if you need to find a job before applying for a work permit, you can get all the essential information about how to find a job in Germany in our online workshop “Finding a Job in Germany“. 90 day access is just €19.99. Get access and stream them now.
Need something else? No problem, just contact us anytime.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!