Setting up as a Freelancer in Germany
How do I register to be a freelancer in Germany? What’s the difference between freelancing, self-employment or being a trade (Gewerbe)?
Want to start working as a freelancer or self-employed person in Germany? Need to get a tax number before you bill customers? Not sure how, where and when to file taxes? We can help you get set up and get answers to the most important questions:
- How do I get a tax number and invoice clients?
- How do income taxes work?
- What is VAT and do I need to charge it? Are there other taxes I need to know about?
- What is the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being a ‘Gewerbe’?
- What kind of health insurance do I need?
- What other insurances are a good idea (liability/accident/legal, etc.)
- What are the special German laws regarding marketing, advertising, your website, etc.?
We can help!
- One-on-one coaching. Meet with an expert in person or via Skype for tailored assistance with your freelance or self-employed business. A one-hour coaching session is €75 with all taxes included. Book your coach now.
- Online workshop ‘Freelancing in Germany.’ Get all the essential information about how to start working as a freelancer in Germany in our online seminar. You can access it immediately for just €19.99.
Need something else? No problem, just contact us anytime.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
PS: Check out these helpful professional associations for freelancers for networking, advice and more:
English teachers – http://www.eltabb.com/
IT professionals – https://uplink.tech/en/
Visual artists – http://www.bbk-berlin.de/con/bbk/front_content.php