Setting up as a Freelancer in Germany
How do I register to be a freelancer in Germany? What’s the difference between freelancing, self-employment or being a trade (Gewerbe)?
Want to start working as a freelancer or self-employed person in Germany? Need to get a tax number before you bill customers? Not sure how, where and when to file taxes? We can help you get set up and get answers to the most important questions:
- How do I get a tax number and invoice clients?
- How do income taxes work?
- What is VAT and do I need to charge it? Are there other taxes I need to know about?
- What is the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being a ‘Gewerbe’?
- What kind of health insurance do I need?
- What other insurances are a good idea (liability/accident/legal, etc.)
- What are the special German laws regarding marketing, advertising, your website, etc.?
We can help!
- One-on-one coaching. Meet with an expert in person or via Skype for tailored assistance with your freelance or self-employed business. A one-hour coaching session is €60 with all taxes included. Book your coach now.
- Live Workshop ‘Freelancing in Berlin.’ Get all the essential information about how to start freelancing in Berlin at our live workshop, hosted by Kulturspace in Prenzlauer Berg. Reserve your seat while there’s still space. Join our next ‘Freelancing in Berlin’ workshop for €35.
- Online workshop ‘Freelancing in Germany.’ Get all the essential information about how to start working as a freelancer in Germany in our online seminar. You can access it immediately for just €19.99.
Need something else? No problem, just contact us anytime.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!