Getting Started Workshop
Help! What do I take care of first?
Work permit, job offer, bank account, apartment, taxes and health insurance – where, when and how do I get these things?
Our Getting Started workshop is for EU and non-EU citizens alike. You’ll learn how to:
• Register your address as a resident of Germany
• Get health insurance
• Open a bank account
• Get a tax number and pay taxes
• Find an apartment or room
• Get a mobile phone/internet
• Make an appointment for a work or student permit if needed
You’ll come away with a To Do checklist organized in sequence, useful phone numbers and addresses, and German terms for the offices, officials and documents you’ll need to deal with – all for just 25 Euros.
Contact us to reserve a spot in our Getting Started in Berlin workshop at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
The next Getting Started in Berlin workshops will be:
- Saturday August 13, 2016, 11-1pm
- Saturday September 3rd, 2016, 11-1pm
- Saturday October 8th, 2016 , 11-1pm
- Saturday November 5th, 2016, 11-1pm
- Saturday December 3rd, 2016, 11-1pm
Can’t make it then? No problem! Contact us to book individual coaching on our ‘Getting Started’ topics – face-to-face in our office or via Skype. We’ve also filmed this workshop and made it available for you to stream online here.