Freelancing in Berlin
I want to work as a freelancer… Now what!?
What taxes do I need to worry about? How do I invoice clients? ‘Must’ I get German health insurance? What’s the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being classified as a ‘trade’ (Gewerbe)? What can I do when clients don’t pay? What are the laws on how I market myself/my company?
Join our Freelancing in Berlin workshop to learn:
• What kind of health insurance you need
• What other insurances are a good idea (liability/accident/legal, etc.)
• How do I get a tax number and invoice clients?
• How do income taxes work?
• What is VAT and do I need to charge it? Are there other taxes I need to know about?
• What is the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being a Gewerbe?
• What are the special German laws regarding marketing, advertising, your website, etc.?
You’ll come away with lots of practical information, useful phone numbers and addresses, and the German terms for the offices, officials and documents you’ll need to deal with as a freelancer – all for just 48€ (incl. VAT). Betahaus members pay 42€ (incl. VAT)
Our next workshops will take place at Betahaus (Prinzessinnenstr. 19-20, 10969 Berlin)
(please register using the form below)
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!